Grade 2-5 Curbside Library Book Checkout Pilot Program
- Grade 2-5 Curbside Library Book Checkout Pilot Program
- 4/28/2021, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Are you a Hugo Reid student in grades 2-5 interested in checking out books from the Hugo Reid Library? Check out these step by step directions for participating in this court yard library book checkout program!
How to borrow library books in five simple steps
Go to https://www.destinydiscover.com/aasp/ui/pick/pick and select California from the location list.
Begin to type Hugo Reid Elementary on the school list. Make sure you select Hugo Reid ELEMENTARY, not Hugo Reid Primary.
On the top right hand corner, click “Log In” and use your school ID and password to log in.
Once you are logged in, you can search for books (title, author, topic, etc.) by using the search box at the top center of the screen, or click on “Topics” when you scroll down to browse by genre.
Click on the book you would like to borrow, and click “Hold”. Mrs. Brown will email you when your books are ready to pick up in the courtyard by the school office.
● You may check out two books at a time.
● You may place a hold on a total of three books at a time. Keep in mind several students may request a hold on the same book. Books will be loaned in the order the holds were placed.
● All book requests must be submitted by the Sunday before the Wednesday courtyard pick up.
●Books should be returned two weeks after they are checked out on the next pick up date. Books cannot be renewed, only check out the number of books you will be able to read in the two week check out period.
● Non-contact book pick up and drop off will be in the courtyard outside the HRE office between 1:00 - 2:30 every other Wednesday on these dates: Feb. 3, 17. March 3, 17, 31. April 14, 28. Press the buzzer at the gate to gain access to the HRE courtyard.
● Select your reserved books from the cart. Reserved books will be labeled with student names. Leave the books you are turning in in the bin labeled “Book Return”.
Questions regarding library book check out should be directed to our school librarian, Mrs. Brown. Her email address is email@example.com.